Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

A smile that brightened up my day ^^

Last Monday (November 22, 2010), I opted to wait for a cab because it was raining. I waited at the taxi bay of Medical City. As usual, I got a number from Kuya there. The number I got was 45. I asked him what number is to be called next, and he said "23". I thought of just leaving because it'll be a long wait for me. But then, I chose to just sit on the fountain side, listen to the radio and just wait. Patience is a virtue, hehe.. 

While I was waiting, a child sat next to me with her mom. I saw them talking to each other on the side. Several minutes passed, the child (a  little girl) caught my attention by poking me. She then looked at me and offered to give me some of her Chips Ahoy. I wasn't expecting that from a child. When I looked at her, she was wearing a nice, genuine smile. I believe she's sick at that time but then she was kind enough to share her chips ahoy with a smile.

At that moment, I could've have been irritated because I've been waiting long for the cab. Instead, it made me smile. I wasn't thinking of the time anymore. I just enjoyed the moment, thinking of things and listening to the radio. 

A smile can really go a long way. It's contagious, can be shared and it can brighten someone else's day. :)

Thank you papa God for that beautiful smile. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment