Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

The Furt Story

I was having a hard time sleeping earlier. I slept at around 3:30pm, woke up at around 6:30pm. 3 hours of sleep is not enough! Hehe.. I tried to sleep again, but I can’t. I don’t know why but I just can’t. I therefore decided to watch Glee, the “Furt” episode. I think it’s just the right thing that I needed. I was able to finish the episode and I was able to sleep after. :)

Finn and Kurt = Furt
I like the episode very much because it showed much values. Here are the parts that I liked the most:
  • Burt (Kurt’s dad), Finn and Kurt were rehearsing for the wedding at the Glee club’s homeroom. When it was Finn’s turn to dance with Kurt, suddenly Karofsky (the bully) appeared just in front of the door making fun of their gestures. Burt saw it and asked, “What the hell was that? That guy was making fun of you. What’s his name?” And then Kurt replied that Karofsky has been harassing him for a few weeks now. And then Burt went on to ask, “There’s more, there’s something else that you’re not telling me.”  Kurt replied, "He threatened to kill me." Upon hearing that, Burt instantly ran out of the room, chased and confronted Karofsky. As a father, Bart said, "You like picking on people? Why don't you try me?"

    For me it's touching how Burt instantly fought back for his son. He had this instinct that that told him that there's something more to what he just saw. He showed that he'll do anything for his son and he won't hold back especially if his son is being threatened.
  •  2nd, the Glee Club started the wedding differently. Singing and dancing "Marry you" by Bruno Mars. For me the song was perfect for the event. It's the first time that I heard the song and I liked it. :) (Check out the videos below ^^) It became even more perfect, (if there's such a term hehe) when Burt came in dancing and then Carole (Finn's mom, the bride) entered the hall dancing as well in her gown. So cute :)
  • 3rd, the welcome speech of Burt and Carole for the wedding was heart-melting I should say. It wasn't just about the 2 of them but they included Kurt and Finn. The marriage this time wasn't for 2 people becoming 1. It was for their family, for them to be complete. For Finn to finally have a Dad and for Kurt to have a Mom. They're like puzzle pieces that fit perfectly.
  • 4th and the last, whew! hehe.. The part where Finn gave a speech for their parents and then ended up thanking Kurt for all his efforts for the wedding (by the way Kurt is their wedding planner). I believe Finn also wanted to ease out the pain that Kurt was having in school because of Karofsky and that he didn't exactly manned up and protected his brother.

    He sang "Just the way you are" by Bruno Mars with the Glee Club members. Again a perfect song for the moment :) It showed that he has accepted Kurt as a brother, with all their differences, and even if he knows that Kurt is gay. Acceptance is the keyword here. :)

And that's about it on Glee! :) Enjoy the videos! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment